Sunday, January 16, 2011

OGRE sightings


In my list of unpainted lead I posted some time ago, I mentioned I have quite a few unfinished minis for the OGRE/GEV game system.  For those unfamiliar with this game, it pits a giant cybertank against a mixed force of conventional units guarding a command post on a future battlefield.

Over the past few days, serendipity has presented our little corner of the gaming blogosphere with several posts discussing the Steve Jackson wargame.  First, Grognardia posted his retrospective of OGRE.  This prompted a response from Greyhawk Grognard examining the first microgame and its sequel, GEV.  And now, Sword & Shield has another overview of the game.

Beyond these recent postings on the original game, I've found some other blogs offering content about the game and its associated miniatures on an irregular basis:
If you're looking for additional OGRE/GEV resources, there's no better place to start than the OGRE page on the Steve Jackson Games website.  Have fun saving/smashing that Command Post!

My OGRE mk V, in Paneuropean colors.  At the top of the page is the submerged version.

2 comments:

 Ashley said...

Thanks for the heads up. Nice site you have here, I shall have to come back and lower property values later. ;-)

Desert Scribe said...

Ashley, you're welcome here any time!