Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Completed Star Bombers

Has it already been over a month since I showed you my work-in-progress pics of my star bombers?  Well, I finally finished up the half-dozen ships I had decided to get creative with.  Instead of spray-painting them black and then drybrushing in my usual Terran paint scheme, I primered these in gray and decided to go in a different direction.
This craft still bears the green calibration markings applied at the Boeing plant.
This repurposed star bomber flies for the Texas (Third Republic) Department of Public Safety
This vessel bears the colors of King "Petty" Richard's probability racing team.
This unarmed ship is a luxury yacht for an unnamed trillionaire from Deneb.

The feared Cappellan Raiders also appropriated star bombers for their use.
A few models were even sold to the Vogon Construction Fleet.
I'm not sure if I'm all that pleased with how these came out.  Still I had fun trying something different, and it's nice to challenge myself every once in a while.

4 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Picture 1 and 5 are the best in my humble opinion.

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

Haha! These are great!

Too bad that RPM still will not have garnered another win even by the year that the bomber was added to their NUSFAR (Northern Universe Stock Fighter Attacker Racing) team. The King-clone hasn't worked out so well...

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, guys!

Lurker, I appreciate your feedback.

ChicagoWiz, They might be switching to the IRL (Interstellar Racing League).

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

Ahaha! They'll have to switch to a new engine and weapons system then. :)