Saturday, July 16, 2011

Work in Progress: Starfighters

Here are some fighter stands I'm working on.  I'm trying to get all my starfighters for the nonhuman factions of Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights painted to match their respective fleets.  These are all my unpainted attack craft for the nonhuman factions, which I mounted three to a stand.

I also have a couple dozen more alien fighters that already had paint jobs.  While they were painted to a decent tabletop standard (and I had even glued them to fighter stands and used them in games), they were (a) painted with enamels and (b) didn't match the color schemes of my starships.  They're now soaking in a Pine-Sol bath to remove the paint; they'll join these starfighters in getting new markings.

I also have scores of Terran fighters, painted and unpainted.  While I need to get them all on the same page, color-wise, right know I'm gonna focus on the alien factions.

Since I still don't know what scenario I'll be running at the South Texas Mini-Con, I don't even know if I'll need these fighters for that game.  Still, I've played plenty of battles with lots of fighters, and it will be nice to not have to use the Terrans as proxies for everybody else.

No comments: