Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Unearthed nostalgia

Some three decades ago, I came up with a short D&D adventure using the Holmes rules.  My recent postings on the blue book made me nostalgic, so I dug out my old module.  I thought I'd share the maps now:
As you can see, I was apparently influenced a great deal by the moathouse and dungeon from The Village of Hommlet.  I don't think I ever actually ran the adventure, so you, my readers, are the first people to see these maps.
The adventure itself is unbalanced as hell, but I was probably only 13 or so when I came up with it.  Still, it's fun to look back at the creative works of a younger me.

2 comments:

Chris Kutalik said...

That made me wax nostalgic too for my own maps, which I am confident are long gone.

Amazingly that top map looks a whole lot like how I seem to remember them--there was always a lot of rubble drawn in on the top level (Bone Hill and that first Slaver series module were both big influences too).

Thanks for posting.

Don M said...

Takes me back to the glory days of the late 70s and early 80s!