Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Starships: Galactic Knights game

The week before Christmas, Spartan 117, the commander of Starbase Spartan as well as Firebase 6mike-mike, was kind enough to come over for an introductory game of Galactic Knights
I took my Terrans--three destroyers and a battlecruiser--and Spartan commanded the (equivalent in points value) Avarian force of a cruiser, destroyer leader, and two destroyers. 
I decided on a simple meeting engagement around an unnamed, lifeless moon.
We played using the basic rules for fighters and missiles, which treat them as essentially smaller ships, and the game went quickly. 

Spartan seemed to like the game, and he did a good job commanding his squadron once he got GK's vector movement down.

I ended up winning, but not before getting cocky and letting my battlecruiser take some severe damage from missiles that bypassed the shields.

Next we get to play a space combat game of his choosing.  I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks, Spartan, for trying out Galactic Knights.

2 comments:

Spartan 117 said...

Thanks for inviting me to play Galactic Knights. I really enjoyed the game. I wouldn't mind playing it again. I'm currently reading FULL THRUST: CROSS DIMENSIONS and might like to play that if you're interested, next time.

Desert Scribe said...

I'm glad you liked GK. I've only played Full Thrust a couple of times, and I definitely want to play it again.