Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Work in progress: Lizardman behemoth element

In order to fill out my Lizardman Hordes of the Things army and lend it some variety, some people suggested I use toy dinosaurs to create Behemoth elements.  I purchased quite a few toys from the dollar store, and I've begun working on a Behemoth for the scaly folk.  The dinosaur needs some kind of platform to hold its operators, so I just superglued a bunch of party toothpicks together with some crossbeams.
I plan on painting the toothpicks to look like fresh-sawed lumber, so they don't look like some kind of skink carnival ride (although I'm kind of tempted to leave it as is).  The crossbeams in the middle keep the platform centered over the dinosaur's spine.  In the picture below it's just sitting there without any glue or other method of attachment:
I'm not sure what else, if anything this platform needs (the lizardman equivalent of OSHA doesn't require handrails).  I think I'll use string or twine to make reins, and nails or pins for some kind of bridle for the dino, but other than that it's good to go.

1 comment:

J Womack, Esq. said...

Put a spikey tail collar on it. That'll teach them not to tailgate.

Oh, have you seen Khurasan's upcoming 15mm lizardmen artillery pieces?