Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Completed fighters

Here's a flight of Terran Comet light starfighters from Monday Knight Productions.  They're not in my usual Terran scheme because I painted them for Ed the Two Hour Wargames Guy, to match the painted spaceships he acquired some time ago.
They're mounted on some "Flare" fighter bases, also from MKP.  Frankly, I'm not impressed with these stands--you can see pitting and even holes in the surfaces of the bases in these photos.  I prefer my own stands made from nails, wooden discs, and steel fender washers.
I don't know how close the paint job on these fighters will resemble that of Ed's Terran fleet (we'll have to wait until they're side-by-side), but I think they look fine for tabletop gaming.

2 comments:

Black Vulmea said...

I remember statting up the Comets using High Guard for Traveller - they remind me of stubby-winged Phantom IIs.

Timmy Crabcakes said...

I'm not fond of those flare bases either. I'd rather see all that metal going into more cool spaceship minis.
Still, nice paints on those... they look great.