Saturday, November 17, 2012

(Coloring) between the lines

In the comments to yesterday's post, I mentioned that I filled in in some of the illustrations in my copy of the Fiend Folio with colored markers.  I thought I'd inflict my teenage artistic renderings upon you this evening, so without further ado, gaze upon my coloring work of the early 1980s:
Any of those guys look familiar?  Bonus points if you can name them all.

Sure, I defaced a classic D&D book when I drew in it, but you know what?  I'd rather have this copy, which I used and enjoyed as a kid, than a mint condition book that no one had ever gamed with.

4 comments:

Ski said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who did that - except I colored the drawings in Basic and Expert sets.

Unknown said...

Fire Snake, Imix, Earth Dragon, Quallan, Quipper, Scarecrow Golem, Steam Mephit (?), Xill, Xvart, Yellow Musk Creeper.

What do I win? :D

Desert Scribe said...

You win my admiration of your geek-fu! :)

pancerni said...

Looks like fun. I haven't colored like that since Nixon took office. Looking at these colorings I should try again. At least I have granddaughters as a builft in audience/excuse.