Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Starships: Millennium Falcon at Millenniumcon

One of the game setups I saw Friday at Millenniumcon was a huge gameboard recreating the Battle of Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back.
The same father-and-son team who designed and built the Mines of Moria board put together this game as well.  They used the FUBAR rules as a base.
In addition to the Millennium Falcon, there was a transport (an old Kenner playset for use with the three-and-a-half-inch action figures), X-Wings, and snowspeeders.
They wired the interior of Echo Base with electrical lighting.  It even has the control room, complete with working viewscreen. 
Here's a closeup--they had a Gameboy or a smartphone or something running imagery from the movie or a videogame.
I didn't get to play this scenario, but I at least got to see the game board.  Good job, guys!

1 comment:

CoachK said...

Thanks for the write-up. Pretty much played out like the movie, except Luke getting killed by an AT-ST and Han Solo and Chewie were not able to finish repairs in time :P
You're 5150 game looked great as well! I'll see if I can send the pic I took.