Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking back on 2012

It's the time of the season for bloggers to reflect on the previous 12 months.  As the Dreadnought glides through the last hours of 2012, I thought I'd share my take on how the year turned out for me, gaming-wise.  I had a number of wargaming goals for the past year, and I was able to carry out quite a few:
Not on my list, but a personal goal was to blog on a regular basis.  You're now reading my 288th post of the year, giving me an average of 24 posts per month.  I continued to get my D&D fix with adventuring in the Hill Cantons.  I also got in plenty of gaming with Ed the Two Hour Wargames Guy, who (unfortunately for me, but great for him) moved to Arizona in the fall.  All in all, a great year for gaming.

Of course, we all start out the new year with good intentions, and there were a number of objectives that I didn't come close to finishing:
  • I didn't even start working on a 28mm scale game board for Search for the Emperor's Treasure.
  • I purchased the materials to build a 3'x4' battle board for HotT, Song of Blades and Heroes, and other games, but they're still in the shrinkwrap.
  • While I bought waaaaay to many new figures in 2012, I didn't complete even one new army for Hordes of the Things. 
  • So much for my idea of scratchbuilding structures for 1:300 sci-fi games--guess it's time to throw out all the plastic lids, old ballpoint pen parts, and other junk I'd collected for that purpose. 
I would have liked to have gamed more in 2012, but I'm sure everyone else would, too.  So I can't complain too much about my gaming accomplishments for the past year.  What about y'all?  Did you accomplish everything (or at least something) you set out to do?

1 comment:

pancerni said...

You made progress on some projects, got to play, host games, attend cons, collect. Sounds like a good year, gamewise.