Thursday, December 20, 2012

Seeds of a Chaos army

Here are a couple of elements for a Hordes of the Things 24-AP army.  If you're asking where the rest of this army is, I haven't built it yet.
I acquired these stands as prizes in separate HotT tournaments in San Antonio a year ago or more.  The figures are all (I think) prepainted models from the Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Game.
The big guy with four arms is a Foulspawn Mangler that's been slightly modified to hold a staff instead of a dagger in one hand.  He's accompanied by a Quaggoth and appears useful as either a Hero or a Magician.
The dark dwarves are Duergar Guards led by a Duergar Cleric.  This looks like a Blades element to me.
Given the looks of these figs, I can see them as part of a Chaos army.  With these two elements, I need just 18 AP more to have a full HotT force.
If I do complete this army, I think I'll try to use all prepainted minis.  I even found a chimaera figure in the toys section of Michael's craft store that would fit in as well as the gaming minis.  Any other suggestions to round out the Chaos army?

No comments: