Saturday, February 8, 2014

X-Wing batrep

On Super Bowl Sunday, I had a chance to play a little X-Wing before the football game at the starbase of Maj. Diz Aster (who posted his own account on his blog, Starbase Ares).  Since he'd never played the game before, we did a quick intro game with his two TIE fighters taking on my X-wing fighter.  Since  I had the experience of several games under my belt, I was able to take out his two ships fairly quickly.
With the first game out of the way, we brought out more fighters for a larger match.  He took one of his regular TIEs and an Interceptor, and borrowed my TIE bomber and TIE advanced (i.e., Vader's ship).  I took an alphabet soup squad: A-wing, B-wing, X-wing, and Y-wing.
The game quickly evolved into a furball as our fighters jockeyed for shots. The Sith lord was a tempting target that got taken out quickly (for plot purposes, we agreed he was able to eject from his ship to survive and fight another day), but served the Imperials by distracting me from shooting at the rest of his fleet.
However, after that, the Empire began to pay back the Rebels for the loss of their leader.  First the X-wing fell to the lasers of the various TIE craft. 
The battle wore on, and then the A-wing died.  Finally, the B-wing could take no more damage and erupted in a fireball as well.
At that point, my opponent still had three ships on the table, to my lone Y-wing.  It would have been pointless to continue, so with the kickoff taking place, it was time for me to concede.  It was a great game, and my thanks to the Major for having me over.  Let's do it again soon!

2 comments:

BROODE said...

Scribe, thanks for driving down to play X-Wing, I had a great time playing! I warned you that I usually do better playing the "bad guys". Next time around I'll play the Rebels ;-)

Also, I'm putting the finishing touches on PLANET ARES
http://planetares.blogspot.com/

so it should be up and running soon, and it will prominently feature X-Wing,5150:STAR NAVY, and Ogre among other favorites.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the write-up, Scribe. I enjoy seeing such a variety of ships in one game.

And Major, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your page!