Friday, December 26, 2014

Alien hyperspace subs

I finished a couple of spaceships for the first time in a long, long time.  It's wasn't anything complicated--just a couple of alien hyperspace submarines from the Stardate: 3000 line of miniatures.
I painted these to match the Federation subs and the other ships in my Slannish Treasure fleet (three drybrushes: metallic antique copper, metallic copper, and metallic Inca gold). 
I really like the detailing on these models.  No obvious weaponry, but a lot of mechanisms dedicated to the engines.  These are smugglers' ships.
These craft will mainly see use as scenario objectives (i.e., targets) in various games, as part of a convoy.  Here's to more spaceship painting and gaming in the new year!

3 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

I like them! What dimensions are they?

Timmy Crabcakes said...

Those Valiant ships are some of my all-time favorites. I've got a horde of them and still want more. Loads of little details to paint... lots of fun.

Desert Scribe said...

These models are about 50mm long by 18mm at their widest point.