Sunday, May 3, 2015

More Ogre reinforcements

Some additions to my Ogre/GEV forces--on the miniatures front and in the way of counters. First, these die-cast vehicles from the old Kenner Mega Force line will serve as cruise missile crawlers. I already have some of these in use, and I think I will strip and repaint my newest models in a different color for use by opposing forces. Anyone else incorporate toys into their minis games?
Next, these old-school counters writ large. These classic-style pieces for the Ogre boardgame are one inch on a side and meant for use with the large hex maps from the new Designer's Edition. However, I have a couple of paper maps from the out-of-print Deluxe Ogre and Deluxe GEV minis sets, and the counters will fit with those maps as well. Just like the pocket edition of the game, but bigger!
So I will be able to play Ogre in a variety of formats. Now to line up an opponent for a game. ...

No comments: