Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Join The Siege of Steelville

Just one week left to register for games at this year's MillenniumCon in Round Rock, Texas (Nov. 10-12). In the spirit of the convention's theme marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad, my Monopolis scenario for Ogre/GEV has been reskinned as The Siege of Steelville. From the event description:
In the 22nd century, the Millennium Realm’s powersuited soldiers and armored cybertanks surge east to conquer the city of Steelville. Defiantly, the Collective Council’s outnumbered troops and Ogres race to defend the workers’ metropolis on the banks of the Long River. This is a custom sci-fi tank combat scenario using Ogre Designer’s Edition rules and official Ogre miniatures (along with some original units) on a large hex mat with 3-D terrain. With room for up to 10 players, you and your friends can defend the besieged city--or you can conquer it. Fight in the Siege of Steelville!
I'm looking forward to running this scenario. In addition to the official units, I will have a few custom pieces on the board, such as my Ground Effect Ogre, armored boats, UAVs, and emergency response vehicles.
I have room for 10 players, and I've tweaked my map a little so that combat begins sooner. Here's a shot of the work in progress:
There are still plenty of seats available for my game on Saturday afternoon, so sign up if you're attending the convention and you want to get in on a big game of Ogre. If it does fill up and you really want to play, I will try to squeeze you in. Hope to see y'all at the convention!

4 comments:

Don M said...

Looks great! Best of luck at the Con!

Gonsalvo said...

Good luck with the game!

CoachK said...

I'm sooo looking forward to rolling some dice. Love this game. I'll try not to blow your city up this year. I guess don't give me any vehicles with nukes lol

Talk Wargaming said...


Hey There !
My name in Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

Sorry if this sounds like spam, I just wanted to drop a message here say thanks for all of your years in supporting the community and hope it can also continue far into the future.

Right now we are fighting the battle of looking for other content creators for our website but our reach doesn’t go as far we’d like.  We are wondering if you want to help us transform TWG with great pieces of work. We will provide as much value as we can to you, if you decide to take part, and to build a long-term working relationship.

Here Is A Link To Explain In More Detail:
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2017/10/content-creators-wanted.html

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,
Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

Contact Me Here:
editortalkwargaming@gmail.com

Sorry If You May Get This Message Twice.